Build resilience and flexibility into your business model
Delivered by Lancaster University Management School, this programme starting on the 24th February 2021 is designed to help directors or owner-managers of Lancashire SMEs, who employ more than three members of staff.
The programme consists of three half-day workshops over a six-week period (one session per fortnight).
It breaks business modelling down into three components: Creating, Delivering and Capturing Value. You will visit each of these components in turn and use a blend of theories, models and practical activities to support you to build resilience and flexibility into your business model.
Once the fundamentals of innovation have been established, you will visit each of these components in turn and use a blend of theories, models and practical activities to support you to explore how you can innovate to build flexibility and resilience into your business model.
All of this takes place in a safe and trusted peer learning environment to provide stimulus and challenge from like-minded business leaders.
Benefits to the Business
- Enable you to articulate and understand value from your customer’s perspective, meeting functional, social and emotional needs
- Look at new, innovative ways in which you could deliver your value proposition to your customers
- Explore a variety of revenue models and income streams to increase resilience
“We know that time is precious for the businesses trying to get back on their feet after a turbulent few months so we have designed the programme to be as accessible and effective as possible. Now more than ever, SMEs need to stay alert to potential risks. While Covid-19 is around, and while issues like Brexit, climate change and seismic technological shifts affect us all, developing a culture of innovation around business models is invaluable for a prosperous, stable future.” Matt Hutchinson, Project Manager.
Who is it for?
- Directors or owner-managers of Lancashire SMEs
- Employ three or more members of staff (fewer than 250 full-time employees)
- Has an annual turnover less than £40 million
- Has received less than £160,000 of publicly funded support in the last 3 years
See our website for further details.
How do I find out more and register my interest?
For further information about the Business Model Innovation programme contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org / 01524 593632 or visit the website to register your interest and fill in an enquiry form and a member of the team at Lancaster University Management School will be in contact.